Reaching the Nations for Christ
Touching Lives Across America and Around the World
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest parts of the earth." Acts 1:8
We have many members or former members of Second Baptist who have been called to the mission field. Please have your classes pray for them or "adopt a missionary" and pray for them once a month.
Steve & Sherri Letchford (Kenya)
Mark & Sue Newton (Kenya)
James Oilar(FCA - Columbia)
Nathan & Vickie Renich (China)
David & Amy Stockwell (Global)
John Samara (Global)
Second offers many opportunities to participate in mission trips designed with both single adults and families in mind, within the continental United States, as well as to international destinations. Trips focus on a variety of activities, including Vacation Bible School, community outreach, building projects, church planting and medical and/or dental services. Throughout the year, up-to-date information, trip costs and training dates are posted on this page.
Mission Trip Application Process
1. Click here to apply for a Mission trip.
2. Upon receipt of your application, an interview will be scheduled.
3. Once you have been approved to serve on a team, you will receive confirmation of your acceptance, along with a packet of information on how to build a team for financial and prayer support, the cost of the trip, trip guidelines and expectations, and a sample support letter.
4. Within 14 days of your approval, a $200 non-refundable deposit is due in the Missions Office. This deposit will secure your airline ticket for the trip.
5. After your deposit has been received, your name and contact information will be given to the trip leader who will contact you regarding mandatory training dates and other important trip details.